Building and Maintaining CNG Stations
Atlanta Gas Light has grown its expertise in building and maintaining CNG fueling stations since the 1970s. We own and maintain many CNG refueling stations on customer premises for fleet vehicles in Georgia, and provide maintenance services to additional fleet customers who own their own stations.
How We Operate
- We install, own and maintain CNG fueling equipment under our V-52 rate to meet the customer’s needs – Fast fill, time fill or a combination of the two.
- Typically, the customer provides land and site development, and we provide the specialized CNG equipment.
- The customer operates the station. (Public access is recommended but not required.)
- The natural gas and delivery to the AGL meter is purchased through a marketer under the same rates and supply options as our regular commercial rate
- AGL’s V-52 facilities charge of 1.5% per month recovers cost of CNG equipment and maintenance