Thank you, Georgia, for your generosity!
On June 12, Atlanta Gas Light invited the public to join our efforts to help curb the escalation of food insecurity in communities due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. We partnered with local agencies to collect food donations in 14 communities across the state.
Together with our employees, your donations to our Drive-Thur Food Drive provided 37,254 meals to support communities facing hunger across Atlanta, Augusta, Athens, Macon and Savannah.
Learn more about our Statewide Drive-Thru Food Drive>>
If you are struggling to put food on the table, please visit these websites to find a food bank near you:
- Hosea Feed the Hungry, Atlanta, DeKalb County
- Meals on Wheels Atlanta, (Contact United Way @ 211) Chamblee/Fulton
- Hearts to Nourish Hope, Riverdale, Clayton County
- Must Ministries, Marietta
- United Way of Forsyth County (summer feeding program for students), Cumming
- Rockdale Emergency Relief Fund, Conyers
- Food Bank of Northeast Georgia, Athens
- Golden Harvest Food Bank, Augusta
- Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia, Savannah
- Macon Outreach, Macon
- Baptist Church of Villa Rica Food Bank, Carrollton
- One Roof Ecumenical Alliance Outreach, Newnan
- Neighborhood Cooperative Ministries, Gwinnett County
- Georgia Mountain Food Bank, Hall County
Want to help? As always, local foodbanks are requesting nonperishable food such as peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables, fruit juice, pasta sauce and boxed meals. Donations of cereal, pasta, oatmeal and rice, as well as baby products and personal hygiene items will also be accepted.
Our local foodbanks need the following:
- Non-Perishable Food/Non-Breakable Containers
- Lean Canned Protein (Peanut Butter, Tuna, Beans, Chicken)
- Fruits & Vegetables (Canned)
- Whole Grains (Cereal, Pasta, Rice Crackers)
- Boxed Meals (Soups, Stews, Canned Pasta)
- Baby Products (Formula, Baby Food, Diapers, Wipes)
- Personal Hygiene (Toothbrush/Paste, Body Wash, Deodorant)